Obviously I love all things Public Relations – I’m a national/local member of PRSA, I love blogging (hi), and keeping up with the reputations of different brands is kind of my guilty pleasure.
As a member of Detroit’s PRSA, I can’t stress enough how much I get to learn and grow (along with network and connect) from so many peers in the PR world*. Another perk of our Detroit chapter is the chapter blog.
Megan Peterson, a Digital Communication Specialist and member of PRSA Detroit, wrote a piece on her top 10 favorite PR blogs to follow, and I have to say, a lot of them are ones that I love, too! So without further ado, here are 10 great PR blogs to keep you in the know:
- Josh Linker. He often speaks about trends that are mainstream as well as near and dear to his heart. As a founder and CEO of four tech companies, and a financer of many other companies, this pro has a lot of PR counsel to offer.
- Ragan’s PR Daily. I love the pop culture-esque blog posts here. Also, the gifs are to die for.
- prTini. Heather Whaling is the founder/president of Geben Communication and someone I consider to be a productivity guru.
- Tanner Friedman. This metro Detroit agency is always the first to post about trending topics, as well as current (local and global) events.
- 834 Design & Marketing. This blog not only offers the latest on PR trends but also provides insight on the Grand Rapids market. (As some of you may know, I received my degree from Grand Valley State University, my mentor and PRSSA chapter advisor was Adrienne Wallace, 834’s Director of Digital Strategy.)
- Spin Sucks. (If you haven’t read the book – do it!) This blog offers a variety of PR topics/knowledge – no matter your area of PR expertise you’ll find an interest here.
- Bulldog Reporter’s “Daily Dog”. You won’t miss a thing by getting these alerts.
- PRSAY (the PRSA blog). (Because duh!)
- PR Week. You won’t miss a beat, particularly this election season, in terms of PR insight here.
- PR In Your Pajamas. This blog aims to educate individuals and businesses on increasing awareness in order to change the world – very cool content!
*If you’re interested in becoming a member of PRSA, you can complete a member application here! By signing up here, you will also receive a waived initiation fee ($65) and a 1-year free section membership ($60)! All you have to do is put “Briana Carlesimo” in the “How did you hear about PRSA” section and include the promo code MP16 in the Coupon/Promo Code field at checkout in order to receive the discount. Hope to see you at an event soon!