I freaking love my friends.
My friends are basically my soulmates. They’re the people who make me laugh, the ones who let me cry, the ones who will drop everything to help me, and the ones who support me through every inspiring, impulsive, or downright bad idea.
I’ve been so fortunate to have people that I’ve grown up with since I was in elementary school that have made it with me to where I am today. And I’ve been even more lucky to meet people in college and through different jobs that I’ve also kept close.
In a world where every day is a made-up holiday, I’m pretty pumped to celebrate this one. Between friends getting new jobs, visiting new places, buying new houses, or just making it through another week, there’s always something special to celebrate. If you’re also looking for something special to do while you celebrate your special bffs, check out the awesome list of options below to do in the city tonight! Happy Best Friends Day!!
- Dequindre Cut Freight Yard: Chill outside, grab a drink, and shop some local vendors in shipping containers until 10 pm!
- The Villages Bier & Weingarten: Live music, art, food, and alcohol come together all while donating proceeds to a local non-profit. And the best part? You can bring your pets! Hang out until midnight.
- Sunset at the Zoo: The Detroit Zoo + a gala + live/silent auctions make for a great fundraiser! Be aware though – you must be 21 or older to go.
- Poison with special guests Cheap Trick & Pop Evil: Music more your thing to do with your bff? Head on out to DTE for a classic rock concert!
- Burger Bash Detroit: What’s better than a burger and a brew? Multiple burgers and brews!
- Live Music Fridays at Detroit Fleat: Grab a bite from a local food truck and listen to some live jams out in Ferndale until 11 pm!
- Motor City Pride Weekend: Be proud and support in downtown Detroit! The actual festival is Saturday and Sunday, but pre-game the festivities with a party at Briggs Detroit tonight!
- Beach Party: Looking for something a little more tropical? Check out the transformed Campus Martius for a classic beach party – sand, lounge chairs, and fruity cocktails included!
- Sunset Sessions Featuring Sound Cream Airstream: Hang out at Beacon Park and listen to local DJs play house music from inside the retro RV until 10 pm.